Monday, February 20, 2023

Birthdays Rock!

I am just putting this out there.  Once you are faced with a health crisis, you (hopefully) realize how lucky you are to wake up every day. 

Last Thursday,  I turned 45!  Woot! Birthdays are big after being ill.  In 2018, the day before I turned 40 sucked big time.  I was at my staging appointment with the oncologist (scared, not knowing if I would be around next year, much less FIVE years from now).  I have had SO MANY opportunities to share my story since then. Am I sad that cancer is a part of my story? Hell, yes. BUT.  Without that diagnosis, I would not be where I am today.  I am not sure if there is a reason for everything, but I'm here and will make a difference while I am able to.  

 That's me in my 2018 glory. Now, I am 45.  It was a great birthday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 State of Survivorship Survey and What it Means for the Future of Survivorship

 It has been awhile! The two sports that my kids take part in have been crazy busy.  Models 2 and 3 have had swim practices and meets...Mode...