Thursday, May 11, 2023

Women's Health Week!

Phew! I have been a busy woman! From work, home life, getting CA125 labs done, and having my oncology check up; I am officially 4.75 years cancer free! This week, May 14-21 is Women's Health Week.  It always begins on Mother's Day.  The goal of this week is for women and girls around the country to make their health a priority.  More information can be found at:  https://www.cdc.gov/women/nwhw/index.htm .

What are ways that you practice self care? 

I have to be honest, I started practicing self care when I started chemo treatments.  That's it.  Prior to cancer, I would do little things for myself here and there.  However, the actual act of taking care of my mental, physical, or spiritual health lead me to feel guilty because I wasn't home with my kids.  Gradually, I realized that I would be a better mom and wife if I took the time to take care of myself.

I will be practicing some self care next month!  I will be attending the CPAT Symposium in Washington, DC.  The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship and Cancer Policy and Advocacy Team (CPAT)  gather together annually to discuss current issues, programs, and policies that are affecting quality cancer care in communities across the United States.  From what I have researched, attending the CPAT Symposium is a great way to network with Elevate Ambassadors, work alongside advocates, and learn more about cancer policy issues that could (or already do) effect cancer patients.  


"Communities and countries and ultimately the world are only as strong as the health of their women".-Michelle Obama





No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 State of Survivorship Survey and What it Means for the Future of Survivorship

 It has been awhile! The two sports that my kids take part in have been crazy busy.  Models 2 and 3 have had swim practices and meets...Mode...