Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Supporting Team Victorious

 Hi All~

This is a shameless plug where I ask if you would like to contribute to my annual Gynecologic Cancers Walk. You may be thinking "why Team Victorious"? I am horrible at thinking of names for teams, groups, anything like that.  When I first found out about this organization and their annual fundraiser, I immediately wanted to join in.  I also liked the sense of meeting people that knew what I was going through.  Anyhow, the name for my team (Victorious) was created quite simply because my first name, "Nicole" means "Victory of the People", or it did in a baby book from 1978 that used to belong to my parents. And so, the team name was born (heh, get it?)!

 You can find the fundraising information here:

https://www.facebook.com/donate/203624899021745/10227780878780732/

Any amount helps! The monies raised go to Cancer Wellness Connections, which is based in Rochester, NY.  This organization is amazing, and helped me (and others patients) a lot during treatment-they provided Reiki Practitioner, chair massages, manicures, and  support groups for patients and caregivers, etc. 

Please email me if you have any questions regarding this walk OR Cancer Wellness Connections.  If you read this far, thank you for your support! It means a lot to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 State of Survivorship Survey and What it Means for the Future of Survivorship

 It has been awhile! The two sports that my kids take part in have been crazy busy.  Models 2 and 3 have had swim practices and meets...Mode...